Judy Field, Counsellor in Harrogate
If you are looking for a counsellor in the Harrogate area then let me introduce myself.
I am Judy, and I live in Harrogate with my two cats, Gracie and Rosie. When I am not out exploring ancient woodlands, forests and spending time with nature and trees, I am supporting others on their journey to realise their own inner resources and lead a peaceful and more happier existence in life.
Before embarking upon a career in the field of counselling I worked for 20+ years in the charity sector, which included working in the areas of volunteer management, mentoring, and providing emotional support to bereaved carers. Training to be a counsellor seemed to be the next natural step.
During my training as a counsellor and since qualified, I have worked as a volunteer counsellor at a variety of counselling services in North Yorkshire, including:
- The Counselling and Mental Health Clinic - York St John University
- Talking Spaces Counselling Service, St Michael’s Hospice, Harrogate
- Bereavement Support Service - St Catherine’s Hospice, Scarborough
- Spurriergate Counselling Service, York
Qualifications and Continuous Professional Development
I trained for four years to become a counsellor and ongoing regular training is a vital part of my commitment to ensure my skills and knowledge are up to date. I regularly attend workshops, conferences and other events in the counselling field, which I believe enhances my continuing professional development and benefits the individuals that I work with.
- TA101 Transactional Analysis
- Postgraduate Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
- University Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Introduction to Counselling
- Interdisciplinary Human Studies BA (Hons)
Continuous Professional Development
- PABBS Suicide Bereavement Training
- Dealing with Distress: Working with Suicide and Self-Harm
- Working with Shame
- Working Creatively in Counselling
- The Models of Grief and Attachment Styles Relating to the Resilience of Bereaved People
- Coaching and Mental Health
- Grief and Attachment Styles
- Working with Bereavement and Loss
Professional Memberships and Registrations
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), which is the governing body for counselling and psychotherapy in the UK.
As a Member of BACP, I am bound by its Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions, and subject to the BACP Professional Conduct Procedure. I also adhere to its recommendations for regular supervision.
Have full Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance with Balens Limited.
Hold an enhanced certificate with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)