Judy Field, Counsellor in Harrogate
If you are looking for a counsellor in the Harrogate area then let me introduce myself.
I am Judy, and I live in Harrogate with my two cats, Gracie and Rosie. When I am not out exploring ancient woodlands, forests and spending time with nature and trees, I am supporting others on their journey to realise their own inner resources and lead a peaceful and more happier existence in life.
Before embarking upon a career in the field of counselling I worked for 20+ years in the charity sector, which included working in the areas of volunteer management, mentoring, and providing emotional support to bereaved carers. Training to be a counsellor seemed to be the next natural step.
During my training as a counsellor and since qualified, I have worked as a volunteer counsellor at a variety of counselling services in North Yorkshire, including:
- The Counselling and Mental Health Clinic - York St John University
- Talking Spaces Counselling Service, St Michael’s Hospice, Harrogate
- Bereavement Support Service - St Catherine’s Hospice, Scarborough
- Spurriergate Counselling Service, York
Qualifications, Continuous Professional Development, Registrations and Directories
I trained for four years to become a counsellor and ongoing regular training is a vital part of my commitment to ensure my skills and knowledge are up to date. I regularly attend workshops, conferences and other events in the counselling field, which I believe enhances my continuing professional development and benefits the individuals that I work with.
- TA101 Transactional Analysis
- Postgraduate Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
- University Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Introduction to Counselling
- Interdisciplinary Human Studies BA (Hons)
Continuous Professional Development
- Working creatively in counselling
- The models of grief and attachment styles relating to the resilience of bereaved people
- Coaching and Mental Health
- Grief and Attachment Styles
- Working with Bereavement and Loss
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), which is the governing body for counselling and psychotherapy in the UK.
As a Member of BACP, I am bound by its Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions, and subject to the BACP Professional Conduct Procedure. I also adhere to its recommendations for regular supervision.
I have full Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance with Balens Limited. I also hold an enhanced certificate with the Disclosure and Barring Service.